Wednesday, March 16, 2011

City of Eternal Spring

For those of you who have never read a tourist brochure for Medellin, I'll go ahead and tell you, they like to boast about this place being the "City of Eternal Spring."  At first I thought this was a bid ridiculous, but I'm beginning to see what the mean.  The temperature is always between 60 and 80 degrees, the mountains provide a constant, lush green backdrop, and every day there seem to be new flowers blooming.  I'm not exaggerating.  Every single day I've been here I've walked past the same places, but each and every day there are new flowers blooming.  The trees bloom, the grass blooms, the vines bloom, and the enormous tropical plants shoot off crazy, Jurrasic appendages in a multitude of vibrant colors.  I couldn't possibly stop to take pictures of all of them, or I'd never get where I'm going, but I do take some time to enjoy and have brought along a few to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment